Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 07:38
    Jon Dunfee

Using HasValue() with AncestorOrSelf() in MacroPartial

Should be pretty self-explanatory of what I'm trying to do, but I'm getting definition not present [on HasValue] exception.  Could someone help me out to what the line "should" be.  Here's my last incarnation of trying different things:

var pageWithAds = CurrentPage.AncestorOrSelf((Func<dynamic, bool>)(p => p.HasValue("rotationAds"))).FirstOrDefault();
  • Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 08:44
    Peter Gregory

I would go for the the strong typed version of this.

var pagesWithAds = Model.Content.AncestorsOrSelf().FirstOrDefault(p => p.HasValue("rotationAds"));

Im pretty sure that will give you what you want. It will return an IPublishedContent Item rather than Dynamic

Peter

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 16:59
    Jon Dunfee

Thanks, Peter.  That did it and having typed is a bonus.  Here's my final code (unless someone sees a flaw):

var pageWithAds = Model.Content.AncestorsOrSelf().FirstOrDefault(p => p.HasValue("rotationAds"));
        var rotationAds = ((pageWithAds != null) ? pageWithAds.GetPropertyValue<string>("rotationAds") : string.Empty);
        var ads = Umbraco.Media(rotationAds.Split(new string[] { "," }, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries));
        var adsPicked = (ads.Count() > 3) ? ads.Random(3) : ads;

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft