Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Moran 285 posts 934 karma points
    Apr 15, 2014 @ 20:15
    Moran

delete a document type

Hi

I am using umbraco version 7.1.1 after I swiched some doc type to a new ones using the "change doc type" function in the page menu I got the following error

this is the part of the log file

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() in c:\Code\github\SamSaffron\MiniProfiler\StackExchange.Profiling\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 266
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry>b__0()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy cmdRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy conRetryPolicy)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy retryPolicy)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry(IDbCommand command)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Execute(String sql, Object[] args)

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 15, 2014 @ 21:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Moran

Just to make sure I get what is wrong...

You get the above error message after deleting a document, which had been changed from one document type to another? Just asking to make sure I get the scenario right so I can see if I can reproduce the issue.

Also what database are you using?

/Jan

Apr 15, 2014 @ 21:46
    Moran

Hi Jan

I am getting the error when trying to delete the old doc type I am not using any more.

I use Sql Server 2008 R2

Thanks

Apr 15, 2014 @ 21:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Moran

Ok, could you write down the exact steps to reproduce?

Then I'll have a go and see if I can reproduce.

Cheers, Jan

Apr 15, 2014 @ 21:58
    Moran

OK here it goes :)

1. created a different doc type for the page and the parent's page.

2. transfered the doc type and the parent's doc type to their new types - this went smooth.

3. removed all references from the old doc type and made sure I am not using it anywhere in the back office.

3. trying to delete the old doc type resulted in the error above. 

Apr 15, 2014 @ 22:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Thanks - I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can reproduce as well.

/Jan

Apr 16, 2014 @ 06:00
    Moran

Thank you

Apr 16, 2014 @ 16:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Moran

I just tried the scenario you mentioned above on a fresh installation of 7.1.1 running a CE SQL database and I get a "server error" message in the backoffice and in my logfile it says

2014-04-16 15:09:14,591 [17] INFO Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - [Thread 16] at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResults(Int32 hr) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommandText(IntPtr& pCursor, Boolean& isBaseTableCursor) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>cDisplayClass1.0() at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy cmdRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy conRetryPolicy) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry(IDbCommand command, RetryPolicy retryPolicy) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.ExecuteNonQueryWithRetry(IDbCommand command) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Execute(String sql, Object[] args)

So this should be reported as an issue on the issue tracker indeed. Do you ind sharing the link in here so others can go and vote it up?

/Jan

Apr 16, 2014 @ 16:29
  • Danny 15 posts 136 karma points
    Mar 02, 2015 @ 23:59
    Danny

I was able to work around this issue by deleting all of the tabs and properties of the old documentType.

• khm1985 8 posts 54 karma points
    May 13, 2015 @ 12:56
    khm1985

Thanks @Danny. Just deleted the properties first, then the tabs on the doctype. Then i could delete the old doctype.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft