Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • billiblu 34 posts 59 karma points
    Apr 18, 2014 @ 12:52
    billiblu
    0

    After changing document type the new property is inaccessible

    I share my experience ... I updated my installation from 7.0.4 to 7.1.1 to use the new functionality "Change Document Type". I wanted to change 4 node from type "MyType" to a new type. After the update I created a new document type child of MyType with alias "MyTypeNew" and I added a property with alias "MyNewProperty". So, I changed my 4 nodes from MyType to MyTypeNew. I updated the node content with a value for property MyNewProperty.

    At this point i tried to use MyNewProperty on razor script, but the property was not accessible. After numerous tests, I replicated the problem on my development machine and with Visual Studio Debug I found the solution. The DocumentTypeAlias of the node with type changed to MyTypeNew was instead MyType (the old one). On backend the alias displayed on Properties tab, was the right one: MyTypeNew. I tried to clear cache, republish all nodes, clear App_Data folder, etc.. The only solution was to change the Alias of old document type (MyType to MyTypeXXX). Now everything works correctly. I changed back the old document type (MyTypeXXX MyType to MyType) and everything still works.

    We have also replicated the problem with a new installation of 7.1.1

    I am going to open a issue on bug tracking.

  • Jan Skovgaard 11263 posts 23588 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 18, 2014 @ 13:20
    Jan Skovgaard
    0

    Hi Billiblu

    Thanks for sharing your experience - Unfortunately it seems that the change document type is a bit buggy. Please link to your ticket in here.

    However I just want to know...when you did the upgrade...did you then clear the cache by going to /app_data/temp/clientdependency and delte all files from this folder and then go to /config/clientdependency.config and increment the version number and then recycle the app pool?

    What you're seeing may perhaps be a caching issue. However I think it's a good idea to report it anyway.

    I have also seen an issue where it's not possible to delete a document type that was used but then changed to be using other document types. So when the deprecated document type should be deleted from the settings section one get's an error. There also is an issue for this on the tracker already.

    /Jan

  • billiblu 34 posts 59 karma points
    Apr 18, 2014 @ 14:28
    billiblu
    0

    This is the issue link: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4722

    The problem is not related to upgrade, we have also replicated the problem with a new installation.

    Davide

  • Alexey 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 24, 2014 @ 17:56
    Alexey
    0

    Hello! have the same issue. Version 7.1.4

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft