Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Beau D'Amore 29 posts 70 karma points
    Apr 18, 2014 @ 15:44
    Beau D'Amore

iOS and Umbraco's WebAPI: membership management

Hello again,

Here's where I am at. I am building this Umbraco 7.1.1 site for runners to compliment the main iOS GPS runner's app.

I just figured out (roughly) how to write up some API endpoints to handle some iOS integration inside Umbraco. Now I need to:

- Secure the API (assuming token oauth2 style..? I'm currently using AFNetworking, this link shows an example of how to pss credentials from iOS to a web service but not sure if it works with WebAPI/Umbraco's implementation of WebAPI. I've gotten an oAuth project to work for Twitter before so I assume the same double handshake must occur??) If ayone know a simpler way, I'm all ears. I actually wrote my own little token exchange component before.... would it be feasible to implement that into Umbraco or am I reinventing the wheel...?

- Be able to have a controller for 'Signup' that adds a new 'Member' (Found article here. Guessing this would run under a single, locked away 'User' account that specifically only has ability to add members) 

- Be able to have a controller for 'login' (likely using a 'members' creds to get a token)

- Be able to have a controller for adding GPS points/Track data (using specific member's token retrieved from login/signup)

Sorry for the extremly long email... juggling a lot right now..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft