Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 00:28
    Phillip Ng

Integrating another RTE, CKEditor

Hello!

I was wondering if there is an easy way to integrate a different RTE in to Umbraco, say CKEditor? Am I able to create a new data type and leverage a user control to allow for it? As I recall, TinyMCE is pretty heavily tied in to Umbraco, but can't remember if we can integrate a new editor. Thanks in advance!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 09:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Phillip

You can't use user control directly for creating datatypes in Umbraco 7 since it's based on angularjs - However it can interact with a service, that could be based on a user control.

But yes CKEditor could indeed be made as a property editor, which could be used instead of tinymce. If you decide to use v6 instead you can use usercontrols as you're used to. No matter, which version of Umbraco you're using it is possible to create CKEditor datatype/property editor.

If you need some more information about building property editors for v7 you can find some documenation here umbraco.github.io/Belle/#/tutorials

I hope this helps.

/Jan

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 14, 2014 @ 09:28
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi Phillip

If you still are looking for using ckEditor in Umbraco 7 (7.1+), you might take a look at uCKEditor.

Even it's in beta and there might be some issues, it seems to be a great alternative to TinyMCE editor.

/Bjarne

• asad 39 posts 113 karma points
    Jul 12, 2016 @ 17:44
    asad

Hi Everybody,

I installed CKEditor plugin for Umbraco7 (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/uckeditor/).I want to use Syntax Highlighter for Umbraco 7 with CKEditor .Can you help how i can use it?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft