Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 138 posts 201 karma points
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 01:39
    Matthew

any docs/info on the new slider property editor?

i'm assuming this is a slider/carousel but can't find anything about it.  thought it'd be here but not.  Anyone know what the options mean?

Enable range
    Initial value
    initial value 2
    minimum value
    maximum vlue
    step increments
    orientation (well, I think I can figure that one out)

or should i just use the bootstrap carousel if this isn't ready for prime time?

thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 09:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthew

The slider property is probably just using the new slider input type in the HTML spec so it's possible for your editors to simply just slide to increment or decrement a value.

By enabling range you're changing the input type from "number" to "range".

You can read more about the new attributes that can be used with the "number" input type here http://diveintohtml5.info/forms.html#type-number

And you can read more about using range here http://diveintohtml5.info/forms.html#type-range

So as mentioned this property is only for use in the Umbraco backend. It has nothing to do with creating a carousel so therefore I say go with whatever carousel script you would like :) And even if it did it would only work in the backend context...you would still need to make a carousel rendering on you frontend yourself.

I have heard a lot good stuff about slick, which you could also consider using.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Jan

• Matthew 138 posts 201 karma points
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 18:00
    Matthew

Hi Jan, that slider is pretty cool then but slick looks *slick*.  Thanks very much for another great clue.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 18:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthew

Yes indeed it does - Can't wait till I get the chance to use it on a project myself :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft