Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Apr 20, 2014 @ 04:06
    Craig100

Visual Studio Project References

What are the references you need to add to a project for it to be able to reference an Umbraco mvc content using Model.Content.....etc.? Or is this, or anything like it not possible?

So far I've tried umbraco.dll, Umbraco.core.dll. cms.dll and businesslogic.dll

Thanks,

Craig

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 20, 2014 @ 11:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Craig

Have you tried referencing interfaces.dll as well?

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 20, 2014 @ 11:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Don't know if it would help to add umbraco.core.models as well according to this early v6 demo by Niels? https://github.com/hartvig/UmbracoV6APITutorial/blob/master/Umbraco.StoreImporterTutorial/ImportProducts.ascx.cs

/Jan

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Apr 20, 2014 @ 17:17
    Craig100

Thanks Jan,  Can't see an interfaces.dll anywhere in the Umbraco/bin folder.  Niels' example looks as though it's for web forms. I'm using MVC and want to use strongly typed code if I can. Also I need to be able to traverse content, not use nodeID's as these might change.

My *real* problem is that I don't know whether people add functionality to Umbraco V7 by adding controllers and models to the Umbraco installation or whether it's done by externally referenced project with its dll dropped into the Umbraco bin folder. I'm just totally stumped on a late project because of this lack of experience/knowledge. There doesn't appear to be any documentation about project set up apart from an out of date one from Sebastiaan on web forms.

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft