Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Antony Briggs 78 posts 103 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 12:32
    Antony Briggs

TinyMCE plugins in Umbraco 7

Hi All,

I've noticed that plugins added to tinyMceConfig.config get loaded from /umbraco/lib/tinymce/plugins/<name>/plugin.min.js in Umbraco 7.

This raises a few questions:

1. Does this mean that the "old" location of /umbraco_client/Tinymce3/Plugins is no longer required? (lots of files in there)
    2. How is the minification of the plugins handled in the "new" location? Is there a naming scheme that will allow a un-minified plugin to be loaded whist debugging?
    3. Does anyone know of a demo/example of adding a custom TinyMCE plugin to Umbraco 7?
    Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 14:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Antony

What kind of plugins do you need to enable in v7? You should be able to do it as you usually would in other Umbraco versions.

For instance René managed to enable the selection of foreground colors etc. which he writes about in this post http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/49556-TinyMCE-and-forecolor-(text-color-picker)?p=0#comment179531

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 23, 2014 @ 14:10
    Antony Briggs

Hi again Jan,

I'm looking to create a plugin that wraps content in a pre-defined div, similar to this wordpress example.

Although thinking again, I may be able to achieve what I need with the Template plugin.

The rubber duckie strikes again!

I'd still like an answer to Q1 & Q2 in case anyone ever needs to tweak a built in plugin (as this was so easy to do in U4/6)

TTFN

Apr 24, 2014 @ 09:30
    Antony Briggs

I've found some of the reasoning behind the TinyMCE changes in U7.

1. TinyMCE has been upgraded to v4. This explains the change in the js file name of the plugins (and themes for that matter). See the TinyMCE migration guide for details.
    2. The files were moved from umbraco_client to umbraco/lib to match what angularjs was expecting (convention?)
    This still leaves a question of wheather the old /umbraco_client/Tinymce files are still neccessary?
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 24, 2014 @ 11:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Antony

I think that the old tinymce configuration is perhaps a leftover from previous implementations. Perhaps an issue about cleaning it up on the issue tracker will help remind the guys to remove it if it's not used so it does not cause any confusion.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft