Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arjan Woldring 124 posts 231 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 22:41
    Arjan Woldring

Media section performance issue

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone can help me out. Loading images in the media section is taking very long. Clients are uploading images around 3MB. But the thumbnails generating in the 'Folder Browser' property editor are way too large in size. An image around 3 MB is with this querystring ?width=600&mode=max 1.4MB so you can imagine that if there are around 25 images it can take a while to load.

So my question is basically, is there some way or setting that I can use to change the quality and sizes of the images in the thumbnail? Like something with the new awesome cropper :) Or maybe a property editor upload control that is able to crop immediately on upload.

Hope someone can help me out on this one. Thanx anyway :)

• Joost Klein 10 posts 40 karma points
    May 02, 2014 @ 19:40
    Joost Klein

We've got the same problem. Clients who upload images often don't know that files of 3MB+ are way to large to handle, so the media section is lagging and often clients click to soon at [save] after uploading. At that point they are saving half uploaded images. Also they can't see wether an image is fully uploaded or not. Result: errors, very slow media section and customers not happy with Umbraco. Anyone any idea?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    May 02, 2014 @ 20:01
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

What version of Umbraco are you using? This issue says some things are improved: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-3722

Jeroen

May 02, 2014 @ 20:28
    Joost Klein

Hello Jeroen,

V7.1.1 Have You tried tot upload and manage let's say 10 images of 3 tot 5 MB each? Youll zee that the media section will almost freeze after upload. I'm curious why nog everybody is mentioning thuis issue.

May 02, 2014 @ 20:29
    Joost Klein

Damn autocorrect

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft