Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan 50 posts 174 karma points
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 15:37
    Johan

admin serveral sites in one umbraco installation problem?

I have the main site www.affärssystemen.se but to that I also have maintenance sub sites like domywork.affärssystmen.se and the mobile site m.affärssystemen.se but when I am loggning in to domywork.affärssystmen.se/umbraco/ and is administering the main site (www.affärssystemen.se) web pages then they dont work. The pages dont update when clicking on the propety tab "Link to document" prepared link. is this a bug or is it by design?

/Johan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 15:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johan and welcome to our :)

When you update one of the subsites are you then doing it when you're logged in from your primary domain? Then it could take some time before the changes take effect.

However if you login on the subdomain in question and do the changes then they will show when you have published them straight away.

So instead of doing changes to a subsite while being logged in from the main site www.affärdssystemen.se you should be logged into www.subsite.com and do the changes.

Hope this makes sense.

/Jan

• Johan 50 posts 174 karma points
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 15:56
    Johan

exactly. My behavior so far has been to be logged in at one instance only but do updates on all 3 sites. That means I have always 2 sites which when I admin them I am currently on the wrong subdomain. I thought that was a normal way of working as i didnt think you needed 3 different instances of /umbraco/ open at the same time. It is not a big problem for me at all but I wondered if this was a flaw or by design. If by design I wanted to know about the reason behind it. thats all. Thanks for a brilliant tool by the way -:)

/Johan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 16:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johan

Well I remember this issue from the early days of v4. But even though the changes are not available straight away then they usually occur at some point...but it's been a long time since I've struggled with this issue. I have worked on solutions with multiple sites in them editing them from one login without any issues.

So I suppose it should be reported on the issue tracker if you don't mind? :) - Please share the link to the issue in here if you post it.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft