Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Apr 26, 2014 @ 08:24
    MrFlo

Cropper in Umbraco 7

Hello,

Do you know if it's possible to use the built-in image cropper with both existing media (media picker) or with upload file ?

Thank you in advance!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 26, 2014 @ 08:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi MrFlo

The intention of the new media cropper is that once you have defined it in the datatypes then you replace the upload property on the image in the settings section.

I don't think it makes any sense to use both at the same time?

You can see some documentation on how to use the new cropper here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Backoffice-Overview/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors-v7/Image-Cropper

Hope this helps!

/Jan

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Apr 26, 2014 @ 08:59
    MrFlo

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your answer and the usefull link!
    Actually it's more easy for my client to upload all his pictures in once in media as he has already a lot of folders created.
    So now, it could be nice if he can select an image from the media library and then apply the cropper ?

Florent

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13632 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 26, 2014 @ 09:11
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Florent,

As Jan mentions above the cropper should be used instead of the upload, doing this doesn't remove the html5 drag a drop support for media upload. However you can update the "Upload" umbracoFile property type with a "Cropper" on the existing "Image" media type. Then you will have the crop options for all existing media and when you use the GetCropUrl method it will actually even work with the existing media that hasn't yet been saved with the Cropper as the method can be used with "Upload" type as well a "Cropper" type properties.

I would certainly recommend you test this in a non production environment first.

Hope that's helpful.

Jeavon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft