Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marie Daland 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 28, 2014 @ 18:45
    Marie Daland

Uploading videos using a Vimeo link

I'm trying to upload vidoes to my site. These videos are currently on vimeo. Does anyone know which part of the link (video ID) I'm supposed to enter into Umbraco? 

I was able to successfully load videos from Youtube, but the portion of the link is diffferent. 

Any help is appreciated!!!

Many thanks,

Marie

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Apr 28, 2014 @ 19:10
    Amir Khan

Hi Marie! Were you trying to insert the video into the WYSIWYG editor? If so, you should be able to paste the entire link in from the "share" section of vimeo and embed the video via the embed button (little tv monitor) in the toolbar.

-Amir

Apr 30, 2014 @ 21:47
    Marie Daland

Hi Amir--Thanks for the response; however, I don't have a Wyziwyg editor.

This is what my interface looks like... I'm assuming the Video ID is the last section of the link? Can anyone please confirm this? As you can see below, I entered what I think is the video ID, but it doesn't seem to be working...

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 21:55
    Amir Khan

Hi Marie, confirmed, the video ID here http://vimeo.com/92529798 would be "92529798".

So, it looks like the document type we're using has a field for "Video Id" that specifically references YouTube in the description of the property. Are you sure that whatever logic was written to process that input was designed to accomodate Vimeo videos as well?

-Amir

Apr 30, 2014 @ 22:13
    Marie Daland

Hi Amir-- Correct. Youtube is the default player for our CMS, but I had requested for it to play Vimeo videos as well, which is why the dropdown was added where I selected "Vimeo". Also, thanks to your latest message, it looks like I added the correct video ID.

I'm guessing our agency may not have coded the vimeo capability correctly.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

-Marie

Apr 30, 2014 @ 22:17
    Marie Daland

Hi Amir-- Correct. Youtube is the default player for our CMS, but I had requested for it to play Vimeo videos as well, which is why the dropdown was added where I selected "Vimeo". Also, thanks to your latest message, it looks like I added the correct video ID.

I'm guessing our agency may not have coded the vimeo capability correctly.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

-Marie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft