Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 138 posts 201 karma points
    Apr 29, 2014 @ 01:15
    Matthew

Observations after creating a package

I thought creating a package would be a good way to get a fresh start on this project: empty db, no latent media, etc. So, did that, created a new db, NuGet'd a fresh v.7.1.1, started my package install and it errored on something er other about ienumerables and no matching thingybob (sorry, lost it before I could document it).

Reran it, reloaded the nodes, seems like it got everything except the partial views and the macro partials. Didn't see a place to select them, guess I should have added them under Package Files. Maybe a clearer mention of that would be good.

Also noticed, when I went back to recreate the package that there's no back button when you are in Package Files, after you've opened a folder (like to get MacroPartials and Partials). Backspace works but a button might be nice.

Anyway, after reinstalling the package with the missing bits, it gave warnings that there would be identically named files overwritten, ok, but for some reason the templates got written into the 'masterpages' folder this time. Just deleted them and things seem fine but it was odd.

And finally, went to upload an image cropper and saw that no crops came with. Maybe that's by design but it seems a bit odd if a package has for instance an image div of a set size, like a banner or headshot.

Edit: Thinking a bit more about it, there's code relating to the names of the crops so I'm thinking the crops should come along with the package. Is there some place they can be acquired manually, along with other Package Files?

Otherwise, way cool on how easy it is to package up your work. I'd avoided it for a long time thinking, it'd suck a day out of my life but you've made it almost a no-brainer. Awesome.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft