Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 16:08
    Jason Espin

Deleted child nodes still appearing in the front-end

Hi all,

I've been using the Content Services to create pages within my Umbraco site. These pages are created under the parent page 'Continents'. I noticed that on my front-end these child nodes appear to be duplicated twice so I deleted them from the back office and emptied the recycle bin. My problem is that these nodes are still appearing in my menu on the front-end and can still be accessed as pages using the links. Why is this and how do I rectify this issue?

As you can see below, the nodes are clearly listed as children of the destinations pages on the Front-End.

Front End

However, in back office it shows that there are no child nodes for this content page:

Back Office

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried clearing my indexes already in VS but that hasn't worked.

• Daniel Harris 33 posts 94 karma points
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 16:35
    Daniel Harris

Is your front end using a Macro for the navigation? And if so is it set to be cached?

You could give the application a restart/recycle and see if that clears the cache if so.

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 16:52
    Jason Espin

Already tried all of that. In the end I had to go into the umbraco.config and delete each destination from the XML. This was the only way that worked.

• Pushpendra Singh 61 posts 116 karma points
    May 15, 2014 @ 16:27
    Pushpendra Singh

first try :

Republish entire site to sync umbraco cache from DB.

If problem not resolved go ahead with below procedure:

Take backup of index folders and delete all the index folders and regenerate the index using:

1.Recycle app pool and Restart website.

If problem resolved no issue else go for next step 

2). publish the site from parent node of the culprit node with option (Publish "selected page" and all its subpages).

now check now culprit node will not appear in the front end.

My problem resolved 

Cheers !!!!!!!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft