Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damian Green 452 posts 1433 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 10:46
    Damian Green

Is it possible to use the Image Cropper with media library

Or can it only be used if added as a property on a docType?

May 01, 2014 @ 10:55
    Damian Green

Just seen you can replace the upload (umbracoFile) on the image media type. However it says in the documentation that your old images remain in place yet now i have changed the media type I've lost all my images that had been uploaded.

Any ideas why? Does it only save the image on a document type and not media?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12134 karma points MVP 9x admin c-trib
    May 02, 2014 @ 14:07
    Dave Woestenborghs

I think the syntax for getting your image is different when you are using the cropper

You can find the documentation here : http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Backoffice-Overview/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors-v7/Image-Cropper

Dave

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13632 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2014 @ 08:41
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Damian,

You should not change the alias ("umbracoFile") just change the property type to a Cropper data type, now you will need to save each existing media item and update your output Razor.

Jeavon

May 09, 2014 @ 02:09
    Damian Green

HI,

I hadn't changed the alias. I did as directed in the docs and replaced the upload control with the same alias - but the images i had already uploaded disappeared. Not to worry though. Was a new site so i just added them again... no biggy. Might be an issue for someone else though with a lot of images.

Thanks Damian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft