Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Axel 68 posts 96 karma points
    May 06, 2014 @ 10:08
    Axel

Custom Member Login

Hi, i currently use Umbraco 7.x with Webform. Here i want use my Custom Membership Provider (for the Forefront). I know that i have set this in the Webconfig .
    Now i want place on the Startpage a login button (this i have todo in the master template or? )
    when the user click on the login button i want move to another login page where i have my webforms custom control on it (this handles the login)

when the login was successful he should moved to the default (start) page. and instead of login should now be the username visible in the login link.

is there a difference when i place a macro on the master template or place it on a content page?

• MK 429 posts 905 karma points
    May 06, 2014 @ 11:26
    MK

Hi,

If you wan the button to show accross the site then put it on the masterpage otherwise you can place it on the home page.

To show the username have a look on the asp.net login status control. There are planty examples out there.

The diff between placing a macro on masterpage rather than a content page is that on the masterpage it will shown accross the site (unless you place it in a placeholder and then override it).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft