Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin Lawrence 183 posts 350 karma points
    May 06, 2014 @ 13:11
    Kevin Lawrence

Conflict with FORMS authentication (7.1.1)

Hi all

I've setup a membership database for an Umbraco 7 site and everything works fine, however when I login to the website it conflicts with the Umbraco back-office login, and the only way to sort it is to logout of the front-end and sometimes clear the cookies.

The only change I've made is to the forms authentication element in the web.config (changed the cookie name).

Why would the front-end memebership be conflicting with the back-end?

Thanks

Kev

May 06, 2014 @ 15:41
    Kevin Lawrence

Just to add to this, this is the exception I get from /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/IsAuthenticated:

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Object reference not set to an instance of an object.","ExceptionType":"System.NullReferenceException","StackTrace":" at Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.ValidateCurrentUser(Boolean throwExceptions)\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.AuthorizeRequest(Boolean throwExceptions)\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Editors.AuthenticationController.IsAuthenticated()\r\n at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.<ExecuteAsync>b__4()\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"}

May 06, 2014 @ 16:07
    Kevin Lawrence

Another update, this looks like it might because I'm using ASP.Net Identity with my website.

Must be settings relating to the cookie, anyone any ideas?

• Matthew Jones 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 13, 2014 @ 17:12
    Matthew Jones

I've got this same problem.

I had no problems in Umbraco 6, the Identity worked fine even when a user was logged into the site and the Umbraco back end simultaniously.

The Umbraco 7 backend flattens my forms ticket and Identity with the backend identity.  Nothing has changed apart from upgrading to 7.1.4.

I'll post an update if I manage to fix it, but I'm struggling at the moment.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft