Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

  • Karl Kopp 121 posts 227 karma points
    May 07, 2014 @ 02:57
    Karl Kopp

    Node template drop down shows 'object Object'

    I've got a fresh 7.1.1 install, added some existing templates to the site, and now I get an error when trying to select a template on a node. The drop down for Template contains items, but they are 'object Object'.

    I didn't have this problem with my 7.1 RC install with the same templates.

    Anyone help??


  • Andrew Pearson 5 posts 25 karma points
    May 14, 2014 @ 03:16
    Andrew Pearson

    I am having this issue as well. I have recently upgraded an instance of Umbraco from 7.0.3 to 7.1.2

  • Rolf Johansson 53 posts 315 karma points
    May 14, 2014 @ 11:31
    Rolf Johansson

    Same for me, after an upgrade to 7.1.1.

    The code for Template Picker Dropdown says:

    <select class="umb-editor umb-dropdown ng-scope ng-pristine ng-valid" ng-options=" as item.value for item in model.config.items" ng-model="model.value" ng-switch-default="" name="dropDownList">
    <option value="?" selected="selected"></option></select>

    And yes, I have selected Templates in the Document Types that should be selectable.

    My local dev install of 7.1.1 still shows Templates dropdown correctly, though.

    Not sure what might cause this problem. Any ideas? Anyone?

  • Rolf Johansson 53 posts 315 karma points
    May 14, 2014 @ 13:02
    Rolf Johansson

    Solved. This was due to the Upgrade Wizard not running correctly in production, so something in the database was not correct. I triggered the Upgrade Wizard by setting "umbracoConfigurationStatus" to "" in web.config

  • Rolf Johansson 53 posts 315 karma points
    Jun 19, 2014 @ 15:27
    Rolf Johansson

    Actually, in 7.1.4 I still got this problem.

    After some looking around, I found that this is a SAFARI web browser issue. Don't know why Angular don't connect the values. I tried the same site and looked at properties in Firefox, and everything worked ok.

  • Keith Jackson 183 posts 552 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 14:02
    Keith Jackson

    The marked solution here didn't work for me.

    The install just sits there. Further prodding reveals the following JS error...

    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) on Install/api/GetSetup

  • Keith Jackson 183 posts 552 karma points
    Jan 14, 2015 @ 17:51
    Keith Jackson

    The JS Error mentioned above was DI related. I managed to get over that and trigger the upgrade wizard again, but the problem persists.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: