Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Patching 31 posts 158 karma points c-trib
    May 08, 2014 @ 15:31
    Dan Patching

Problem after upgrade with thumbnails not showing in back office

I have a site which started life as v6.* and has been upgraded through versions to v7.1.1.

The thumbnails have disappeared in the media picker (including the picker dialog) and file upload property types since it was upgraded from 7.0.4 to 7.1.1. Now just the media item name is shown.

There must of been a problem when it was upgraded from v6 as I've used Sql Compare to manually add some missing columns to the database schema, which are present in 7.*. 

Not sure if it's related, but I get 'Could not find the tree media, activeTree has not been set' on editing a media item in the js console.

I'm sure something simple is missing due to the previous bad upgrade, but i'm finding it hard to work out what.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 08, 2014 @ 15:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Have you tried clearing the cache to see if that fixes the issue?

1: Go to /app_data/TEMP/ClientDependency and delete all files 2: Go to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number 3: Recycle the app pool

Does that help?

Otherwise try setting "debug" to true in the web.config and browse the backoffice with the chrome console log open.

Does that help?

Otherwise try having a peak at the /app_data/logs file to see if it reveals some error messages.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 08, 2014 @ 17:08
    Dan Patching

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the advice.

I've tried clearing cache, IISReset, and there aren't any client dependency files as i'm in debug mode as per the next point in your reply.

I'm told the media picker issue is fixed in 7.1.2

I should of looked in the umbraco log, I looked there on your advice and found the error below which explains the upload property editor.

ERROR Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.ContentPropertyBasicConverter`1[[Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ContentPropertyDisplay, umbraco, Version=1.0.5211.22381, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] - [Thread 6] No property editor found, converting to a Label
    System.NullReferenceException: The property editor with alias Umbraco.UploadField does not exist

So i'll have a go at tracking that down.

Thanks again for your help!

May 08, 2014 @ 21:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

My pleasure to try and help - Let us know what you find out based on the clue from the log.

/Jan

May 09, 2014 @ 00:18
    Dan Patching

I found the cause of the error in my log file, but i'm pretty sure no one else will ever get this problem :D

After about 5 hours and a build from source code to step through and debug, I found the propertyTypeAlias 'Umbraco.UploadField' had a \t tab character appended to the end of it in cmsDataType table. So someone must of typo'd at some point.

Removing the tab made the upload property type, and all the media picker problems go away.

Thanks again.

May 09, 2014 @ 23:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Haha, that's an odd issue...but one I feel should not be possible to happen...however, thanks for sharing so others might benefit if they come across this post :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft