Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 138 posts 201 karma points
    May 08, 2014 @ 18:50
    Matthew

Login failed for user.... after publishing to Azure from VS 2013

Publishing to Azure worked with the earlier version that you could install w/Azure db, now I've tried one w/CE db during install, then publishing to Azure and I can't login.

The connection string looks ok. Where do I go from here?

May 09, 2014 @ 06:07
    Matthew

Data didn't publish. Then I SQLMW'd up a db w/o adding the primary keys, now have a half working site, w/some data and images not showing up, the back office looking a little messed up.

Been looking for a way to clean out just that db and start over, haven't found it yet. Didn't back that one up first, not even sure yet how to backup an Azure db. Thought maybe I could export another blank db and import that, would that work?

Or is it better to just start over from scratch?

May 09, 2014 @ 07:16
    Matthew

Deleted the old db, created a new one, same thing really: I haven't gotten VS to publish the db and SQLMW'ing it up gives me crippled media.

I hope there's some way to migrate data back and forth, otherwise local 'development' is just coding and pre-populating content or pulling a copy down for future/additional development is going to require hours of hand populating with test data/media. That'd be pretty chumply.

I hope it's just me....

May 09, 2014 @ 20:12
    Matthew

Reading around about Umbraco caching issues, I'm thinking there's a tie-in somewhere to this, at least with the apparent crippled media.

For those that come after, Stephan says in this issue: Rule #1: when you restore the DB, restart the app (touch web.config) then republish the entire site.

Prolly a good BP to do that whenever you do something significant, as for what caching giveth (improved performance), caching also taketh away (occluded reality). Following Rule #1 won't fix everything but a lot of things won't fix if you don't.

Prolly a good BP is to also make regular packages of your changes to go along with your backups, to help smooth out restorative efforts.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft