Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 138 posts 201 karma points
    May 10, 2014 @ 21:50
    Matthew

anyone spare a cup of post production SQL migration tips?

I've not had much success migrating from my local dev SQL Express db into the live Azure SQL db, nor getting it back down into an existing dev db.

Using the SQL migration wizard, it errors out on a bunch of Primary Key duplicate values. The only info I've found so far goes pretty far over my head about the scripting process and requires some knowledge about the db structure.

Anyone have a tip or pointer which way I should look to sort this?

I've run into some comments about importing the schema first, then the data, is that how it works?

I tried setting the Script Primary Keys value to False but it still had the PK errors:

Starting copy...
    SQLState = 23000, NativeError = 2627
    Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_structure'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.umbracoNode'. The duplicate key value is (-92).
    SQLState = 01000, NativeError = 3621
    Warning = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated.
    BCP copy in failed

This seems an essential bit for maintaining a site. Doesn't seem right to have to create a new, blank db every time but maybe that's it...?

Any help very much appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft