Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frank 3 posts 23 karma points
    May 14, 2014 @ 15:40
    Frank

Unable to add related link - Umbraco 7.1.2

I have Related Links on my document. Whenever I attempt to add a related link and hit the 'Add' button it says 'saving...' and it says that the content is saved. However, my link that I'm trying to add never gets added. The changes are not reflected.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2014 @ 15:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Frank and welcome to our :)

Are you a developer or a content editor? My suggestions may not make sense if you're an editor so therefore I would like to know if you know your way around the code etc. before answering any futher.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 14, 2014 @ 15:46
    Frank

Hi Jan. Thanks for the quick response. I am a developer.

May 14, 2014 @ 15:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Frank

Ok...could you try adding the related link while the chrome console is open and see if you get any javascript errors? And what about the /app_data/logs trace log? Does it contain any entries marked with "ERROR" ?

Ok - Could you post a screendump or perhaps record a small video showing the issue?

/Jan

May 14, 2014 @ 16:20
    Frank

Jan,

It seems like using Chrome works for me. I was using FF 29 and IE 11 since that is what our Editors use. It doesn't seem to work on either of those. It seems to execute the 'Save' function rather than adding the related link.

May 14, 2014 @ 17:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Frank

Ok - Sounds like something that should be filed as a bug report. Do you mind making an issue on the issue tracker about it? Please share the link to it in here so others can go and vote it up.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft