Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon 21 posts 42 karma points
    May 14, 2014 @ 21:46
    Gordon

Please Help.

We have deployed a high end Umbraco 7 website. For the past week everything has been running fine, until earlier today we are getting loads of the exceptions below being written to the event log, which in turn is causing the service to crash and throw 503 errors.

Any idea what could cause this? There has not been any code changes to it's strange

Any help is much appreciated!

ERROR Umbraco.Core.Dynamics.DynamicInstanceHelper - [Thread 23] An error occurred finding an executing an extension method for type Umbraco.Web.Models.DynamicPublishedContentTypes searched for extension methods were Umbraco.Web.Models.DynamicPublishedContent,
        System.MissingMethodException: Attempted to access a missing method.
           at Umbraco.Core.Dynamics.DynamicInstanceHelper.FindAndExecuteExtensionMethod[T](T thisObject, Object[] args, String name, IEnumerable`1 findMethodsOnTypes)
           at Umbraco.Core.Dynamics.DynamicInstanceHelper.TryInvokeMember[T](T thisObject, InvokeMemberBinder binder, Object[] args, IEnumerable`1 findExtensionMethodsOnTypes)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2014 @ 22:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gordon

Has anything happened on the server?

Can you trace the date when this first started to happen? (Was it just today all of the sudden)

Can you tell a bit more about the server setup perhaps? Has any weird content been added somehow containing a character that could possibly break something?

/Jan

• Gordon 21 posts 42 karma points
    May 14, 2014 @ 22:32
    Gordon

Hi Jan

It's an Azure website (4 cores, 8gb ram, running 32 bit). The error started happening around yesterday, and i checked the source control, nothing has been uploaded or changed. I don't think the client has changed any of the templates on the live site (They know there be dragons), so i can't think what has sparked this. It's a bit tricky to pinpoint the cause of the method trying to be executed.

As for the server, nothing has changed here. During the launch period (last week) we have held off on making any changes as a safety measure.

There is a copy of the eventlog here

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4922

Thanks for the help

Regards

Gordon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2014 @ 09:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gordon

Ok - I'm afraid I have no clue then.

In regards to possible changes by the editors I was thinking strictly about content since I don't asume editors are allowed access to templates. But sometimes copy/pasting content from html/word can introduce weird characters, which can bring the CMS to it's knees. But I don't think that the issue in your case.

/Jan

• MK 429 posts 905 karma points
    May 15, 2014 @ 09:44
    MK

Did you try to run the server version locally?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft