Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad Hunt 26 posts 57 karma points
    May 16, 2014 @ 04:54
    Brad Hunt

Tags not working at all in 7.1.1

Hi, 

I am using Umbraco version 7.1.1 assembly: 1.0.5211.22376.

I created a custom document type with several properties of various types that all seem to be working well. However, I cannot get a property using the Tags datatype to work.

My custom property has a type of "tags" and is using the "tags" data type with default as the tag group.

I can save the content item based on the document type without error, but the tags are not saved along with the content item. Am I missing a step or do tags not yet work in 7.1.1?

Thanks,

Brad

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 16, 2014 @ 15:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brad

Unfortunately there has been some issues with the Tags datatype, which is revealed by this search http://issues.umbraco.org/issues?q=tags+datatype

Specifically I think this issue is what you're experiencing currently http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-3918

/Jan

• Brad Hunt 26 posts 57 karma points
    May 16, 2014 @ 15:37
    Brad Hunt

Thanks Jan-

So that link led me to the realization that one must hit enter after entering a tag. Doing this actually does save the tag along with the content and I can now pull that data out of the content as well.

So at least tags are saving properly.

But yes, now I see the second issue that the editor does not autopopulate previous tags, which will be problemmatic.

So as far as my originally reported issue, that has been solved.

Thanks,

Brad

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 16, 2014 @ 15:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brad

Ah yes, I've seen others not "getting" how the tags property editor works - Perhaps it should be changed so it's more intuitive. But happy to see I could help solve your issue :)

Have a nice day.

Cheers, Jan

• Eduardo Sobrinho 18 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 05, 2015 @ 16:14
    Eduardo Sobrinho
    You need to press ENTER after typing in a tag (it will be converted to a little blue box).
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft