Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Petr Hruzek 28 posts 100 karma points
    May 16, 2014 @ 07:06
    Petr Hruzek

Backoffice traslation gudelines

Hi!

Are there any gudelines or page decided to backoffice translations? I would like to translate it to czech, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 16, 2014 @ 14:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Petr

Could this be what you're looking for? http://24days.in/umbraco/2013/the-dictionary-secrets/

EDIT: Or do you think in terms of the Umbraco backoffice context menus etc.?

/Jan

May 16, 2014 @ 15:26
    Petr Hruzek

Hello Jan!

Yes, I mean Umbraco backoffice menus and so on. I understand that I need to translate language XML file. I can do it, but I would like to make sure that noone translated it before. So I thought maybe there is some page with translation status for each language and some info about where to submit newly translated xml files...

May 16, 2014 @ 15:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Petr

Ahh ok then.

I just checked the /umbraco/config/lang folder and could not see a cz.xml so I'm pretty sure it has not been done before.

I'm positive that such a translation will be very welcome by the HQ.

What I would do was

1: Grab the english translation file and make a copy, which you translate into czech 2: Go to the http://issues.umbraco.org/issues and create a feature request for adding support for czech tranlsation in the backoffice 3: Attach the czech.xml file to the issue

I hope this helps.

/Jan

May 16, 2014 @ 16:02
    Petr Hruzek

Great, I will do that. I hope it will help to spread such a great CMS among czech users. Thank you, Jan.

May 16, 2014 @ 16:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Petr

You're welcome - Yes let's hope so :)

/Jan

Jun 16, 2014 @ 00:31
    Petr Hruzek

If anyone interested, I have made a czech translation and created an issue as suggested by Jan, you can find it here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft