Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 19, 2014 @ 22:39
    Dan

Having trouble upgrading from 4.7.1.1 to 7.1.0

So I'm trying to manually migrate from Umbraco 4.7.1.1 to 7.1.0. I think I'm almost done, but now when I run the site I get the following error:

The given filter instance must implement one or more of the following filter interfaces: IAuthorizationFilter, IActionFilter, IResultFilter, IExceptionFilter.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The given filter instance must implement one or more of the following filter interfaces: IAuthorizationFilter, IActionFilter, IResultFilter, IExceptionFilter.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: The given filter instance must implement one or more of the following filter interfaces: IAuthorizationFilter, IActionFilter, IResultFilter, IExceptionFilter.]
       System.Web.Mvc.GlobalFilterCollection.ValidateFilterInstance(Object instance) +145
       Umbraco.Web.WebBootManager.Initialize() +715
       Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase.StartApplication(Object sender, EventArgs e) +127

[HttpException (0x80004005): The given filter instance must implement one or more of the following filter interfaces: IAuthorizationFilter, IActionFilter, IResultFilter, IExceptionFilter.]
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +12949749
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +175
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +304
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +404
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +475

[HttpException (0x80004005): The given filter instance must implement one or more of the following filter interfaces: IAuthorizationFilter, IActionFilter, IResultFilter, IExceptionFilter.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +12966756
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +159
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +12806561

I'm not sure how to proceed, or where it might be getting messed up. Any suggestions on where to look?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 30, 2014 @ 10:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan and welcome to our :)

What steps did you take in order to upgrade? Did you go directly from A to B or did you do upgrades from 4.7.1 > 4.8 > 4.9 and so on?

/Jan

• Anthony Halliday 5 posts 32 karma points
    Jun 29, 2014 @ 12:07
    Anthony Halliday

I have only just started looking at Umbraco so this may be unrelated but i have recieved the above error very frequently after performing a build. For me it is caused becuace the web.config runtime assembly binding for System.Web.Mvc keeps getting changed (presumably by Visual Studion) to 5.1.0.0, a quick reset to the Umbraco defaults sorts it for me.

Anthony

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 19:09
    Lee

Did you even resolve this? I have the same error but cannot figure out why. It's an upgrade from 4.11 to the latest v6

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft