Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 1288 posts 3921 karma points c-trib
    May 22, 2014 @ 12:24
    Dan

Using ImageResizer AND ImageProcessor

Hi,

I have a requirement to output pdf thumbnails as images dynamically, so I've installed ImageResizer. However, this now messes with some of the images on the website are being 'hijacked' by both ImageResizer and ImageProcessor (which Umbraco is using internally to handle the image crops).

What would be the simplest way to rectify this? Can I swap out ImageProcessor easily, or disable imageresizer for all but pdf files?

Thanks

• Jeavon Leopold 3074 posts 13632 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 22, 2014 @ 12:30
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Dan,

Do you need ImageProcessor? If not you can remove it by deleting the dll's without worry, Umbraco Core is not tied to it. Of course the Url's generated by GetCropUrl will not work with ImageResizer.

On my backlog is to create a helper method from my v7.0 Image Cropper package that would generate ImageReszier urls from the Core v7.1 cropper.

Jeavon

May 22, 2014 @ 12:46
    Dan

Thanks Jeavon. I don't need ImageProcessor as such, but my code is riddled with calls to 'GetCropUrl' - so it could be painful to change all of those.

May 22, 2014 @ 12:49
    Jeavon Leopold

Ah, are you using the core cropper for those urls?

May 22, 2014 @ 13:02
    Dan

Yep. I've just removed ImageProcessor as an experiment - most things still working, so obiously not using that method as much as I thought but still issues with a few of the images, which I'll need to look at in more depth as initially I can't see why they're not rendering correctly.

Thanks for your help on this - I think my issue may have now shifted ;)

May 22, 2014 @ 14:07
    Jeavon Leopold

Cool, I have a early repo with the logic needed to generate the crop coordinates for ImageResizer, Skype me if you want access.

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 16:34
    James Jackson-South

Somebody should totally build a pdf extension to ImageProcessor...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft