Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 15:51
    Christine

Media images missing in back office nodes

I have a folder in my Media that I added a lot of images to last week.  Today they are gone :(  I can see them on the website and I can see them in the solution, but not in the back office.  Any help resolving this?  I'm using 7.1.2 and working in Visual Studio 2012.

Thanks in advance! 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 26, 2014 @ 16:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Christine

Where do you see the issue? Is it on a live site or is it on your local dev machine?

And can you see the folder where the images are supposed to be in the media section? Do you know how many images are in the folder?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Ayo Adesina 445 posts 1058 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 16:58
    Ayo Adesina

When you say you can see them on the website what do you mean, are they images that you have uploaded to umbraco and are part of the websites contents?

If so when you view the images when you run the web site have a look at the HTML and see where the images are coming from and make sure that directory can be accessed by the back office.

Just a guess, good luck.

• Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 20:11
    Christine

Thanks for your replies!

I am working on my local host.  I created a folder in the Media section of the back office and added a lot of images to it.  I added all these images onto a page.  I can see the images on the page and I can see the images in the solution in visual studio unser the Media folder.  The place I can no longer see them is in the backoffice.

I will try to answer your questions here :)

And can you see the folder where the images are supposed to be in the media section?  

I can see them in Visual Studio, but not in the back office

Do you know how many images are in the folder?

In the solution, Umbraco has put each image in it's own folder under media

When you say you can see them on the website what do you mean, are they images that you have uploaded to umbraco and are part of the websites contents?

I can still see the images on the preview of the website, despite they are no longer visible in the back office

If so when you view the images when you run the web site have a look at the HTML and see where the images are coming from and make sure that directory can be accessed by the back office.

This is the problem - how do I reconnect the backoffice with the file path it originally created?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft