Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 61 posts 185 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 16:02
    Dan

Sort a lot of nodes

I got around 1000 notes coming from a web service call every night. I check the nodes for changes and if there is some they will overrule some old data. But now we have all the nodes in a big list and this make it hard to find a specific node how can I sort all these notes in some kind of category.

Sure I could make a list of categories and then put each node in one of them but one node should be able to be in more than one category so then I would have to copy the node to all the categories I want the node in but this will force me to find the same node in more than one category if I want to make some changes to the node.

I think this can be a little abstract so hope you understand my question.
    This is how I would like the tree to be.

Category 1
    -  Item 1
    -  Item 2
    Category 2
    -  Item 1
    -  Category 3
       -   Item 1
       -   Item 3

And then when I change Item 1 it changes all the places where item one is located.
    A category can have a sub category.

We have this setup now

ItemList
    -  Item 1
    -  Item 2
    -  Item 3

And then we got the category strucktor in a diffend place like

Category 1
    Category 2
    -  Category 3

And then on the items we select the categories with a content picker. This works for the fronted but make i very hard to find a note in backend. is there some way I can manage this in a better way so when a note is saved with categories selected then the item will be showed in the categories like in the first example.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft