Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    May 28, 2014 @ 11:37
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Sequence contains not matching element

For some reason, a single node in our install is acting weird, giving us the error:

Failed to retrieve data for content id 0000

Sequence contains no matching element

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
       at Umbraco.Web.Models.Mapping.TabsAndPropertiesResolver.ResolveCore(IContentBase content)
       at AutoMapper.ValueResolver`2.Resolve(ResolutionResult source)
       at AutoMapper.DeferredInstantiatedResolver.Resolve(ResolutionResult source)
       at AutoMapper.PropertyMap.<ResolveValue>b__6(ResolutionResult current, IValueResolver resolver)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource,TAccumulate](IEnumerable`1 source, TAccumulate seed, Func`3 func)
       at AutoMapper.PropertyMap.ResolveValue(ResolutionContext context)
       at AutoMapper.Mappers.TypeMapObjectMapperRegistry.PropertyMapMappingStrategy.MapPropertyValue(ResolutionContext context, IMappingEngineRunner mapper, Object mappedObject, PropertyMap propertyMap)

Umbraco version 7.1.1 assembly: 1.0.5211.22376

I have absolutely no idea what caused this, please help.

-Ferdy

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 28, 2014 @ 12:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ferdy

Could upgrading to 7.1.3 be an option? Don't know if it will fix it but perhaps worth the try?

/Jan

Jun 02, 2014 @ 08:44
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Hi Jan,

It happened after messing around with the tabs of one of the document types. I also tried updating to 7.1.3 before, but that messed up one of our packages.

-Ferdy

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2014 @ 10:41
    Mike Chambers

Maybe an orphaned node?

I've used this script in the past to track them down.

--Umbraco Fix – No Document exists with Version
    --Posted by spyriadi on  August 8, 2011 Leave a comment (16)Go to comments
    --Recently I had problems with a site I have created using umbraco. The problem was that for some reason in the version control of the application there were many orphan versions that where visible on the cmsContentVersion table but not on the cmsDocument. You can find those using the query below:
    --Can also show the symptom of issues with the ucomponents subtab 

SELECT * FROM cmsContentVersion
    WHERE
        cmsContentVersion.VersionId NOT IN (SELECT VersionId FROM cmsDocument) AND
        cmsContentVersion.ContentId IN (SELECT nodeId FROM cmsDocument)
    --Deleting those record fixed my problem and the problematic nodes where shown again in both the content tree view and edit view in umbraco CMS. To delete those versions in your database use the code below:

DELETE FROM cmsContentVersion
    WHERE
        cmsContentVersion.VersionId NOT IN (SELECT VersionId FROM cmsDocument) AND
        cmsContentVersion.ContentId IN (SELECT nodeId FROM cmsDocument)

Jun 16, 2014 @ 09:41
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Sadly, the query returns nothing when I run it, so I don't think that's the problem. 

Does anyone else have any idea as to how to fix this, because it's kinda important that I do.

-Ferdy

Jun 16, 2014 @ 14:19
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Anyone?

-Ferdy

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 16, 2014 @ 14:22
    Dave Woestenborghs

Can you right click on the node and roll back to a previous version. I had this error sometimes in a old 4.7.2 site. And rolling back to a previous version helped me out.

Dave

Jun 16, 2014 @ 14:25
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Dave, 

I tried a couple of different versions, but this doesn't work I'm afraid :(

-Ferdy

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 16, 2014 @ 14:27
    Dave Woestenborghs

Sorry to hear that. I had this problem with nodes update by a import process. Sometimes when a error occurred during the import I had to rollback several versions and then I got a working page again. 

Never found a good solution for the problem

Dave

• Blake Watt (Clerke) 106 posts 351 karma points MVP
    Jul 26, 2014 @ 02:48
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Hmm, Ive tried rolling back but I wasn't able to fix my issue either. I think I'm running into the same problem. I had a site with 7.1.2 and I upgraded to 7.1.4 and everything is working fine except 1 node (my homepage) in my content tree. I'm not sure how to fix it. I also don't really know how to interpert this error message.

UPDATE: I did find that I got this error when I changed a tab name on my 'master' document type to a new name. My homepage document type was under this so it was inheriting from the master. I went back to the master document type and I changed the name back to what it orginally was and now my homepage node is working again. That seems very odd. Is this a bug in umbraco when naming things or maybe just my instance?

This is just really weird because the rest of my pages are under the master document type which were working just fine with the new tab name, it only affected my homepage. Anyone have any ideas?

In case this helps narrow something down, I can replicate this issue on my 7.1.2 instance. The only packages it has is ezSearch and it was a clean install.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft