Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    May 30, 2014 @ 08:42
    Jonas Eriksson

Status for Umbraco 7 backend from a mobile

Hi, I'd like to hear about the status for umbraco 7 editors using mobile devices. What's the priority from the hq&core team and what to tell the customers?

When I try I find a few (seemingly easy to fix) showstopping issues. Only half of the login screen shows. In document editing the publish button is places outside the screen. And I could not get to the create new document menu.

Cheers
    Jonas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 30, 2014 @ 09:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jonas

Perhaps it's even better to report these issues at the issue tracker perhaps? I'm sure HQ will be aware of them then.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 30, 2014 @ 09:26
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jonas,

What you could try to do to get some status about Umbraco 7 edit content from a mobile, was ask the question on Twitter using the #umbraco hashtag. Members of the HQ and the core team are on Twitter.

Otherwise you could try to use the package uMobile with this package you should be able to edit your content and members. And as you can see there is a version for both Android and iOS, and the package are compatible with Umbraco version 7.0.x, and I think if you´re usig the Umbraco 7.1.x you can give the package a test run on a development environment, to see if it will works with an Umbraco 7.1.x installation.

As far as I know there shouldn´t have been big changes from the first versions of 7 to the versions 7.1.x

Hope this helps,

/Dennis 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft