Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kososki 8 posts 28 karma points
    May 30, 2014 @ 13:07
    kososki

Can't add my jwplayer.js script to Settings\Scripts

I want to add jwplayer.js file to Settings\Scripts.

First I add empty file to this location in Back Office and then copy the content from original jwplayer.js file, but I got message "can't save the file, check access permissions to the file".

It's strange because I created this file. It's fine when I add some short text for testing purposes. In this case I can save the file.

What can cause this problem ? Some part of this script is forbidden ?
    Is the .js file validated during save operation or it doesn't matter what's inside ?

Thanks for help

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    May 30, 2014 @ 14:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kososki

What exact version of Umbraco 7 are you using?

It may be a bug in the version of 7 you're using. If you're using anything below 7.1.4 then try upgrading to 7.1.4, which fixes a lot of minor bugs.

I have not come across the issue myself but I never really add scripts using the backoffice. So unless you have a very specific reason for doing it like that it should be fine to simply just add the script in a folder on the disk, which you can then reference.

If you place the script in the /scripts/ folder Umbraco should pick it up so it can be edited within Umbraco. But you can place it anywhere you would like within your Umbraco project (on disk) and just reference it in your code as needed.

Looking forward to hearing from you and hope it helps.

/Jan

May 30, 2014 @ 15:19
    kososki

I'm using 7.1.1 and unfortunately it's not my decision. I looked at 7.1.4 changes and nothing looks like something related with my issue.

May 31, 2014 @ 09:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kososki

Well, perhaps you can encourage to do an upgrade - it should not take long an minor bugs, which can turn out to be an issue in 7.1.1 will be fixed in 7.1.4.

However, as I mentioned above you can just place the script on disk and reference it from there rather than creating it using Umbraco.

/Jan

Jun 02, 2014 @ 08:40
    kososki

Ok, do you mean to add js file the same way I add media files ? I would like to know precisely what do you mean beacuse I have to tell it to the customer how he should proceed.

Jun 03, 2014 @ 21:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kososki

What I tried to explain above was that script files can be added on the disk - not trough umbraco - So unless your client has FTP access or can access the server remotely and move files around on the folder structure of the disk I don't think this is the proper approach.

But what kind of script does your client need to upload? What would the script do? And how would he reference it in the templates? Does he know how to code etc. ?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft