Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7103 karma points c-trib
    Jun 02, 2014 @ 19:15
    Nicholas Westby

Ability to Unset/Deselect Dropdown Value?

I have created an Umbraco data type called "Bool (Nullable)" based on the "Dropdown list" property editor. I added two values to it ("True" and "False"). By default, there is a third state (no item selected).

I am able to publish a node with a "Bool (Nullable)" property that has not been set, which is as I'd expect. However, I am unable to unset that property value once it has been set to "True" or "False".

Seems strange to me that users can get "stuck" (i.e., they can't go back to a valid state they had set previously). Is there a way to unset a property value for a dropdown list? If not, I'm thinking this is a bug (I guess I'd have to workaround it by adding a third option, "Unspecified" that I'll treat as equal to null/empty).

Umbraco 7.0.4. By the way, I also tried adding an empty prevalue to the dropdown list, but that too is impossible (fails validation, so I am not allowed to add it).

• Jasper van der Sterren 13 posts 33 karma points
    Oct 31, 2014 @ 13:13
    Jasper van der Sterren

Hi,

I'm running into the same issue on v7.1.8. This is definitely a bug since as you say a user cannot go back to a valid state. I think there's no other option than to create a custom data type for this.

Regards, Jasper.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7103 karma points c-trib
    Nov 02, 2014 @ 07:02
    Nicholas Westby

Looks like this will be fixed in 7.2: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5602

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft