Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 445 posts 1058 karma points
    Jun 07, 2014 @ 22:42
    Ayo Adesina

Rest Umbraco Password - Should be easy.. but

This is the code from my web-config file:

<!-- Membership Provider -->
    <membership defaultProvider="UmbracoMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Member" passwordFormat="clear" />
        <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="clear" />
      </providers>
    </membership>
    <!-- Role Provider -->
    <roleManager enabled="true" defaultProvider="UmbracoRoleProvider">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="UmbracoRoleProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersRoleProvider" />
      </providers>
    </roleManager>

And this is what my database user table looks like

enter image description here

I have set the passwords to be clear but yet I still can not log in with

[email protected] and password default

I have tried using a hashed password and setting that in the web-config file no joy..!

It was working fine then one day I couldn't log in HELP!

Thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jun 07, 2014 @ 23:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ayo

Have you tried every mentioned option from this post? http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset

Did you change the system date for any reason for instance because you wanted to test something on a future date? There is an edge case issue when doing this will mess up login and then you need to restart your computer in order to be able to log in again for instance.

Can also happen if the domain name contains and underscore I think, which I doubt is the issue in your case though :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jun 08, 2014 @ 16:45
    Ayo Adesina

I tried every single thing....

no luck... there MUST be away round this... ? Do I have to start my umbraco site all over again?

Im using V7. How about stepping through the actual umbraco source code and seeing whats going on...?

Really frustrating for a problem that should be very minor.

Jun 08, 2014 @ 16:57
    Ayo Adesina

I tried every single thing....

no luck... there MUST be away round this... ? Do I have to start my umbraco site all over again?

Im using V7. How about stepping through the actual umbraco source code and seeing whats going on...?

Really frustrating for a problem that should be very minor.

Jun 08, 2014 @ 17:10
    Ayo Adesina

Another thing tha might be relevanet

the table umbracoUser has one record in it... but the umbracoUserLogins table is empty

does that make any difference?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft