Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• philw 99 posts 434 karma points
    Jun 08, 2014 @ 12:21
    philw

Full Trust Issues - Rackspace Cloud

I'm using Racspace Cloud for Umbraco 7. I've follwed the instructions I can find, including adding:

1. <add key="umbracoContentXMLUseLocalTemp" value="true" />
    2. Using a fixed MachineKey so all servers authenticate the same way.
    3. <sessionState mode="InProc" customProvider="DefaultSessionProvider">
    4. <trustLevel name="Full" policyFile="internal" />

And that gives me something which kind of works, but I'm getting red error messages on screen about 50% of the time when trying to add media (images) to the library in the install. Tracing through the log tells me these are:

•  2014-06-08 05:14:45,962 [16] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Profiling.WebProfiler - [Thread 7] Cannot start the WebProfiler since the application is running in Medium trust
    Which is odd as my web.config explicitly tells it to run in Full Trust (item 4 above). Is there something else I need to do here please?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 19:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Philw

Are you still struggling with this issue?

Whenever there is a hosting provider involved and the Umbraco setup seems to be setup properly but yet still does not work it's always a good idea to get in touch with the hosting provider in order to figure out if they need to change something in their end.

/Jan

Jun 20, 2014 @ 20:23
    philw

Hi Jan, I did talk to them, but they weren't particularly knowledgeable - they're good there, but they're not experts, and they won't tell me what their architecture is so I can't figure it out myself. So for this problem I switched to Orchard. That's also Full Trust dependent, but I got that to go. So now I have a ton of sites on Umbraco 6, and one on Orchard. I expect Umbraco 7 to become easier to use in Rackspace (like, once somone else makes it work), so I can deal with it then I hope. 

Thanks for getting back though - the Orchard people have a huge arrogance problem, which I never found here. That's one reason I don't really want to go that way.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 20:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Philw

Ok, good to hear you found a way out even though it does not seem quite ideal - But sometimes one just needs to be able to move forward :)

Yes, the community is really lovely - Have you ever been at codegarden? If not you should consider going next year :)

/Jan

Apr 26, 2015 @ 12:20
    philw

(Just came across this old post whilst putting a second Umbraco 7.2 system on Rackspace.)

I eventually fitured out that the issue was something weird with file ownership. One way or another, over a period of years, I had files which were owned by different users in the same file space. Whatever, I set up a completely new site and installed clean Umbraco 7.* and it was fine. So I still have the one Orchard site, but Umbraco 7.2 in particular completely blows it away so I've a handful of sites on Umbraco 7.* already.

=> In summary, it wasn't an Umbraco problem. At the moment I've not dicked with the session state thing, and all seems fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft