Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kleber Hucalo 26 posts 165 karma points
    Jun 10, 2014 @ 04:24
    Kleber Hucalo

Umbraco 7.0.4 problems loading umbraco backoffice

Hi all

Here is my problem, create an app using umbraco 7.0.4, ran locally and deploy locally all working nice, when deployed to server the backoffice does not work.

in the browser when I type http://mysite.com/umbraco it redirect me to http://mysite.com/umbraco#/umbraco and displays a error:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    Server call failed for checking authentication

On browser I can see:

GET http://mysite.com/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/IsAuthenticated 500 (Internal Server Error)

Also it points to angular.min.js:106

On my log file:

2014-06-10 13:10:27,579 [9] ERROR Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 6] Error creating type Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType+CompatConverter
    System.MissingMethodException: No parameterless constructor defined for this object.
       at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
       at Umbraco.Core.PluginManager.CreateInstances[T](IEnumerable`1 types, Boolean throwException)

I check my connection string and its working, it displays the data from database in the website home page.

I have an user saved in database to log into umbraco, however it never gave me the chance to login.

Anyone has any idea how I can fix it or a work around?

• Kleber Hucalo 26 posts 165 karma points
    Jun 19, 2014 @ 01:56
    Kleber Hucalo

I found the solution, Just posting here if someone has the same problem.

What was causing the problem is that the database was missing data, just dont ask me what data was missing, I have had deployed the application and was using the server database. However when I did my changes (install packages/plugins) the local DB changed, so it became different then the server one.

Obs: I have no idea the packages (UBlogsy/Ucommentsy) would affect the umbraco back office login. Because this I was trying to run the application first, so changing to install the packages first and run after worked for me.

So I did this steps:

1. Restored application to point before the deployment
    2. Run application locally, navigate to Umbraco back office, create a package with the changes.
    3. Browser to server application, navigate to back office, install the package.
    4. Deployed the new version to server, and done

The error was gone.

Also I cleaned cookie and cache of the browser and published the whole umbraco application, however I did this before change the DB and it didn't seen to work or help.

Cool stuff. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft