Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 61 posts 185 karma points
    Jun 10, 2014 @ 09:17
    Dan

Umbraco member select error

When I select a member it comes with this error this just happend this morning. this is confusing, maybe someone know whats happening. I got this error see link http://gyazo.com/08c4a5a86c8ca9dfe0f12336594ebb4b And Im working on umbraco 7.0.3

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 10, 2014 @ 09:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dan

Could you try doing this

1: Go to /app_data/TEMP and delete all folders in here 2: Go to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number 3: Recycle the app pool

Does that help?

/Jan

Jun 10, 2014 @ 09:35
    Dan

Can this make damage to the site or is this safe to do. Im pretty new to the umbraco world, so there for im asking.

Is it this version ?

Jun 10, 2014 @ 09:51
    Dan

Can this make damage to the site or is this safe to do. Im pretty new to the umbraco world, so there for im asking.

Is it this version ?

<clientDependency version="4" >

Jun 10, 2014 @ 10:22
    Dan

I tried deleting all files in the temp folder at increment the version to 5 because it was already 4 but this made a lot of errors -_- so I set the version back to 4. the site runs again but I still got the error.

I'm stressing out right now this is horrible !

If anyone know someone I could text, I would gladly give him some money for the help. I really need this fixed as fast as possible.

• Henk Jan Pluim 15 posts 67 karma points
    Jun 10, 2014 @ 11:16
    Henk Jan Pluim

Hi Dan, is it possible to share the code in how you select this member and some context where you do this? Have you tried republishing the nodes of your site?

Jun 10, 2014 @ 12:56
    Dan

I change the web.config so I could see the error message. I now know the error. the error was coming if you have made a member group with comma "," the Umbraco normally prevent you from making this from the backed but not from the C# code unfortunately.

I tried with a dot "." after and the umbraco just made the member group but this make allot of errors after afterwards it's like umbraco interpret the name after "." as a file extension. dont know if this is fixed in newer versions but I will say this is a bug.

Jun 10, 2014 @ 13:03
    Dan

Hi Henk and thanks to your attention to my question but I found the problem my self. I didn't make the code my self course the error was in the backend of umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft