Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lucas Chasteen 24 posts 92 karma points
    Jun 10, 2014 @ 18:21
    Lucas Chasteen

Intermittent failures in Belle with RTE editor

I'm hoping someone can help, as this issue is becoming somewhat of a showstopper for us:

I've seen this happen with each iteration of 7 I've tested (7.04, 7.1.0 - 7.1.4) and it occurs in both the latest Chrome and Internet Explorer 10, I haven't done enough testing with Firefox to notice.

When editting content in the back office, particularly when switching between many pages, the source code and styles/formats TinyMCE plugins don't fire correctly.

We're seeing many times where the format pulldown is empty, after a refresh it's back to normal.

We're also seeing the same thing with the code popup, when clicked, the background will grey-out but the popup will not appear.  A refresh also fixes this.

This is certainly annoying, and I'm afraid our users won't be able to tolerate it.  I haven't looked much into debugging Belle, which might help me figure out what's happening, but I plan to look into it.

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated, it's become quite a frustration!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 19:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lucas

I think the best you can do is to file a thorough bug report the issue tracker about this so the core team will notice and can figure out whether or not this is actually a bug or not. (Sounds like one to me).

If you have a partner license of some sort you could try filing the issue using your ZenDesk account as well.

/Jan

• Lucas Chasteen 24 posts 92 karma points
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 20:05
    Lucas Chasteen

I thought I had deleted this post, as I had solved my issue with some further investigation.

It turns out that I was incorrect on the versions affected, and was seeing this with a specific 7.1.1 install.  The updates in 7.1.2 ended up fixing the issue altogether.  As we're still in the evaluation stage, our environment is a little messy leading to my confusion.

Thank you for the response, though!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 20:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lucas

Aaah ok - Glad that you managed to fix the issue. Unfortunately normal users of the forum are not able to delete posts :-/

But sometimes it's better to simply just share the solution like you have just done rather than deleting. Because when we share others can benefit from it as well.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft