Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• denisedelbando 141 posts 339 karma points
    Jun 11, 2014 @ 15:42
    denisedelbando

Losing script changes

My issue is the same with the url provided at the very bottom of this post..

==================

"Each time I make a change to an Umbraco template and press Save, I get the confirmation popup saying:

Template saved Template saved without any errors!

However, when I return to that template (click on another template and then back again), the changes have been lost.

I've ensured that the user account running my IIS application pool has Full Control over the \Views folder containing the .cshtml files (i.e. the Umbraco templates).

Strangely this just started happening, after it had been letting me make template changes with no problems. I can manually edit the .cshtml files on disk, but this seems ridiculous.

Any ideas?"

===================

But i dont completely lose the change. I just need to logout then login again to see changes. It happens intermittently. It is a big inconvenience to logout & login though.

Help!

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15037562/umbraco-says-its-saved-changes-to-templates-but-the-changes-are-lost

• Steve Morgan 1348 posts 4457 karma points c-trib
    Jun 11, 2014 @ 16:38
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

I think I've seen something very similar to this but when editing Partial View Macros. I thought it was when I saved an invalid macro (a syntax error) and received a success message but the change wasn't actually stored and when I reloaded it went - could you possibly have something wrong in your template? 

Since that happened I've been unable to reproduce it - I'm now using 7.1.4 and haven't seen it, what version are you on?

Steve

Jun 12, 2014 @ 02:06
    denisedelbando

Hi Steve,

I am also using 7.1.4. Its possible i made a mistake. BUT, on version 6 it would normally just revert back (to the last working script) when i re-open the partial view script. So this is most likely a bug.

• Steve Morgan 1348 posts 4457 karma points c-trib
    Jun 12, 2014 @ 11:21
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

Yes - I've tried and tried to recreate this and can't... if you can zero in on the steps taken to make this occur we can raise a bug for it. I suspect there is a Javascript error on validation but I've tried creating both templates and PV macros with errors and reloading and it works as expected.

Glad to see I wasn't imagining it though! :) 

Steve

Jun 20, 2014 @ 03:51
    denisedelbando

Hello Steve, 

I have found out how to get rid of this bug. 

I am using chrome and going to incognito mode does the trick. 

This is definitely a bug though. Probably caching in cookies or something. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft