Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Cort Larsen 418 posts 1015 karma points
    Jun 16, 2014 @ 22:19
    Peter Cort Larsen

Datatype: image list

Hi,

Anyone have a datatype, where i can add image to choose from. Like a radiobutton, but with images instead.

Its for vers. 7.1.4

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 18:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter

I have not yet seen a property editor that supports this - I suppose that currently the only option is to write a custom controller by yourself perhaps?

How would you like such a property editor to work? Should it be possible to configure a range of images that should be selectable using a radio button, dropdown list etc.?

Could perhaps be an idea I would look at - But can't make any guarantees about a deadline though :)

/Jan

Jun 23, 2014 @ 08:16
    Peter Cort Larsen

Hi,

It could be either a dropdown or radio button. Maybe select a media folder or image selection based on a custom Media type in datatype setup.

/Peter

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2014 @ 21:11
    Jeavon Leopold

nuComponents has the capability through its label Macro control where you can render what you like for the label.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2014 @ 21:19
    Jeavon Leopold

There is a example here

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 24, 2014 @ 10:38
    Hendy Racher

Hi Peter,

Just to add, you could use the Xml RadioButton Picker (or the Xml PrefetchList Picker set to require one picked item) and configure it with the following data source options:

• Xml Data = Media
    • Options XPath = //My-Media-Type
    • Key XPath = @id
    As Jeavon mentions above, you could then set the custom label option to a macro that generates the desired markup based on a supplied key (in this case the media id)
    HTH,
    Hendy
  • Manoj Ahuja 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 02, 2018 @ 13:38
    Manoj Ahuja

Hello, Hendy, I have the same requirement and tried these solutions but below are some confusions can you please help me to solve that out.

enter image description here

1) Options XPath = //My-Media-Type what is My-Media-Type and where it will be used?

2) for data source option third step macro code why we have used "Profile Picture" as we didn't give this alias anywhere while defining macro parameters enter image description here

I followed the same steps mentioned here, you can see in below images enter image description here

enter image description here

Jun 26, 2014 @ 14:25
    Peter Cort Larsen

thanks for your answers!.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft