Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Logan P. 47 posts 217 karma points
    Jun 19, 2014 @ 23:37
    Logan P.

Single page app Umbraco 7.1.1 using a custom section

Hello all, I am in the research and planning phase of an Umbraco 7 project right now. We need a customer service portal for the backend sales team to handle registrations. I would like to create a custom section in the Umbraco backoffice to achieve this. The only major issue that I am facing is what to do about the tree on the left hand side. Unless I am thinking about this incorrectly, I don't need to have a custom tree as all CRUD operations will be performed through my custom app UI.

Is there anyway that I can disable the tree and have the main panel slide over to fill its space?

Ideally I would like to click the section icon for the customer service portal on the left and have it display the app without opening up the tree navigation.

Thanks for the advice in advance!

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 09:22
    Jeavon Leopold

I don't think there is, but if your app doesn't need the tree maybe a custom dashboard within a existing section (content) might be more suitable?

Jun 23, 2014 @ 15:20
    Logan P.

Hey Jeavon, thanks for the reply! I looked into the custom dashboard as you said, and it seems very similar to what I want. I think I will make my own custom dashboard and get into the angular js code and hide the tree section when my section is clicked on. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Logan

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2014 @ 15:30
    Jeavon Leopold

You're welcome! I actually posted a example of a angular js dashboard here you might find useful

Jun 23, 2014 @ 20:21
    Logan P.

Nice! That's about how I arrived at a solution as well. Thanks for the reference, I appreciate it!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft