Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Petr Hruzek 28 posts 100 karma points
    Jun 22, 2014 @ 15:57
    Petr Hruzek

Insert/update macro problem

Hello!

I have a problem to insert/update a macro. First time when I click "insert macro" everything is OK (img 1) and macro is inserted into a RTE. But if I want to insert another macro or update the existing one, only blank window pops up (img 2) and no properties are visible.

My Umbraco version is 7.1.4 (updated from 7.0.3 I think) and there are no errors at error log. When I try it on the fresh installation then everything works as expected.

Does anyone have an idea where could be a problem? Thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 22, 2014 @ 17:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Petr

Perhaps you need to remove the temporary client dependency files in /app_data/TEMP - Just delete the ClientDependency folder and then go to /config/ClientDependency.config and increment the version number. Finally recycle the app pool - Does this help?

/Jan

Jun 22, 2014 @ 18:38
    Petr Hruzek

Hello Jan!

And thank you for your reply. I tried you method, but unfortunately it does not help. Is there anything else I could try? I must say it is very frustrating problem...

Jun 22, 2014 @ 18:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Petr

That's really odd - What path did you take in order to upgrade? And is the issue the same in different browsers?

Perhaps some of the tips in this documentation when going from 6 to 7 could be worth checking out? http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/v7-upgrade

/Jan

Jun 22, 2014 @ 20:39
    Petr Hruzek

I upgraded from 7.0.4 and I always did recommended upgrade steps. And yes, same in different browsers.

I think that 7.0.4 was buggy in this. Even now when I do a fresh install of 7.0.4 and when I try to add a partial view macro to RTE it says

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): 
    /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Macro/GetMacroResultAsHtmlForEditor

But how can I fix it? What else can I overwrite except bin, umbraco and umbraco_client folders?

Jun 22, 2014 @ 21:17
    Petr Hruzek

Jan, your solution fixed my problem, I just forgot to clear browser cache. Pretty stupid from me, I know, lost a few hours because of that :)

Anyways, huge thank you!

Jun 22, 2014 @ 21:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Petr

Aaah that's really good to hear! Could not wrap my head around what else the issue could be :)

/Jan

• Arunabha Das 38 posts 151 karma points
    Sep 26, 2014 @ 16:40
    Arunabha Das

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I Tried your solution and cleared the browser cache also but still getting the same issue

Please help me on that.

• Jonas Nilsson 137 posts 260 karma points
    Oct 17, 2014 @ 15:22
    Jonas Nilsson

Hi!

Having the same problem with an 7.1.1 installation, any solution?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 17, 2014 @ 15:29
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jonas,

Yep It´s a known bug in Umbraco 7.1.1 http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4952

So I think the way from here is to upgrade your Umbraco installation  to at least a Umbraco 7.1.4, and when you are upgrading maybe you could consider to upgrade to a newer version e.g Umbraco 7.1.8.

/Dennis

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Nov 11, 2014 @ 17:32
    Mark

Seeing the same problem here on 7.1.4. This site was not upgraded from another version, i.e. was a fresh installation. We're getting the error when the document first displays, and when saving:

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): 
    /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Macro/GetMacroResultAsHtmlForEditor

Was the issue fixed in a later version?

Nov 11, 2014 @ 17:53
    Jonas Nilsson

In my case, it was an custom urlrewrite (.html to non html) that cased this error.
    When I excluded all Umbraco folders everything worked again.

Nov 11, 2014 @ 18:04
    Mark

@Jonas, are you saying there is regular expression syntax for excluding the Umbraco folders? I'd appreciate if you could add it here. We do have URL rewrites, but only 301's from alternate domain names, so I can't see why that would cause a problem. I can test it if I have the regex syntax... :-)

Nov 11, 2014 @ 18:40
    Jonas Nilsson

Mark, I use this rewrite rule (in web.config) with some conditions to exclude /umbraco, /umbraco_client and /app_plugins

<rule name="html" stopProcessing="true">
                    <match url="^(.+)\.html$" />
        <conditions>
        <add input="{REQUEST_URI}" negate="true" pattern="^/umbraco/(.*)" ignoreCase="true" />
        <add input="{REQUEST_URI}" negate="true" pattern="^/umbraco_client/(.*)" ignoreCase="true" />
        <add input="{REQUEST_URI}" negate="true" pattern="^/App_Plugins/(.*)" ignoreCase="true" />
        </conditions>
        <action type="Redirect" url="{R:1}" redirectType="Permanent" />
      </rule>

• AvihayBit 149 posts 303 karma points
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 21:13
    AvihayBit

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem here :\ 7.1.9 This site was not upgraded from another version, we're getting the error when the document first displays, and when saving:

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Macro/GetMacroResultAsHtmlForEditor

Mark - I saw you have faced the exactly same problem. You found a solution? If Jonas solution worked I would be happy to know where exactly I should put this code? in the main web.config? where in it?

Thanks!!

enter image description here

Dec 03, 2014 @ 22:25
    Jonas Nilsson

First, check if you have any rewrite section in your web.config or some custom rewrites in /config/urlrewriting.config, and test with out them.

/Jonas

Dec 03, 2014 @ 22:36
    Mark

Hi @AvihayBit,

I haven't gotten around to fixing this yet, been busy on other things and the customer isn't jumping up and down yet.

You need to have the IIS Rewrite module installed on the web server. Then you can either:

1. Add rule(s) via IIS (this means you don't need to edit the web.config file).
    2. Add rule(s) directly into your web.config file.
    If I remember correctly, the individual <rule> elements go into the <configuration><system.webServer><rewrite><rules> element within web.config.
    This page is a good starting point for the rewrite module: http://www.iis.net/learn/extensions/url-rewrite-module/using-the-url-rewrite-module. It has a download link for the module, as well as detailed explanations on usage.
    Please do update this post to let me know if this resolves your problem. At least then I'll have the solution for when I need it.
    Cheers!
  • AvihayBit 149 posts 303 karma points
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 23:59
    AvihayBit

Jonas, I didn't found no rules to delete there :\

Mark, thank for the instructions, but I had no luck to get rid from this annoying error message...

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Oct 19, 2015 @ 18:59
    Matthew Kirschner

I'm getting the exact same error for my macros as well. This is in all my instances of the site, even on localhost, which does not have any URL rewrites.

The error happens when loading a page with a macro: Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Macro/GetMacroResultAsHtmlForEditor

My install is v7.2.8

• Nora 28 posts 97 karma points
    Nov 11, 2015 @ 22:47
    Nora

I'm having the same problem on a 7.2.8. installation.

The error occurs whenever I try to insert a Umbraco Form in the grid or the richt text editor:

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Macro/GetMacroResultAsHtmlForEditor

Is there any solution to this?

Apr 05, 2016 @ 14:34
    Matthew Kirschner

I'm still at a loss for this on a 7.4.3 nightly. I mean, the macros work but they consistently throw an error in the backoffice RTE.

Nora, did you find a solution?

Apr 05, 2016 @ 15:04
    Matthew Kirschner

Jonas was right, it was a redirect issue with html files.

• admiss 20 posts 100 karma points
    Aug 03, 2016 @ 23:11
    admiss

Hi,

I've 4 Macros to be rendered in TinyMice RTE. Everything is working fine, macro content is showing in the Grid, BUT the rendered content can''t be edited & saved in the editor.

Does anyone know, how to make the Macro content editable in TinyMice RTE? The NoneEditable Plugin is passing automatically the "umb-macro-holder mceNonEditable" class to Macros, which is preventing users from being able to change (i.e. edit) content in the RTE within this class.

Wondering where to find & change it to "mceEditable" - or trying to figure out why is TinyMice passing mceNonEditable to Macros??

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft