Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Ward 7 posts 85 karma points
    Jul 01, 2014 @ 13:32
    Mike Ward

7.1.4 - publish/save notification email are incorrect

Hi there!

i am in the process of making my first umbraco site and am having issues with the notification emails that umbraco automatically sends when a content element is updated, saved or published.

there are two core problems i am experiencing when i recieve the emails;

1. editing custom properties never show the changes, only what the new content is
    2. editing Richtext datatype content is never reported properly

take this as an example:

• i create a new page, publish it
    • dont recieve an email
    • i add a paragraph and publish
    • i recieve an email and all the content is white (should be yellow)
    • i add a new paragraph and publish
    • i recieve an email and paragraph two is yellow (correct!)
    • i add a third paragraph and publish
    • i recieve an email and and paragraph two and three are yellow (only P3 should be)
    • i delete paragraph 1 and publish
    • i recieve an email and paragraph two and three are yellow (1st paragraph is gone though)
    • i delete all the content and publish
    • i recieve an email and it comes through as though none of the content was ever there (nothing stated as changed)

through all this the "old page content" section only ever shows the original publish, not the interim ones.

has anyone else experienced this?

i have checked the bug fix list for the next version and also checked the issues tracker, neither lists it and no-one else seems to be talking about it so either its a new bug and no-one uses notifications much, or i have got something misconfigured or i have done something wrong.

thanks in advance,

Mike

Jul 03, 2014 @ 14:55
    Mike Ward

We have submitted an issue (U4-5180) for this as we have tried it over the last 4 releases of Umbraco 7 and it is the same in all of them and all seems to revolve around the content being compared to the very first version of the page, not the latest.

Rollback history is being reported correctly however, including dynamic properties, so the emails need to be the same as the rollback log.

• Robert Godino 40 posts 129 karma points
    Sep 16, 2014 @ 01:28
    Robert Godino

Hi Mark, have you had any luck with this issue? I am experiencing the same problem and my client is claiming I haven’t delivered on their expectations without the notification system working correctly. I tried to look up your issue (U4-5180) but cannot find any feedback or whether this issue is actually being worked on as a bug fix by the core team. Any assistance would be most grateful.

Sep 16, 2014 @ 12:27
    Mike Ward

Hi there Robert!

AFAIK it hasnt been assigned to anyone, but is a recognised bug,  i always had the intention of fixing it myself, however i'll be completely honest and say i havent looked at it yet. We have had a lot of changes here recently and i have been promoted giving me almost zero time to do actual coding work.

everything is detailed here, http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5180, ; its on my ever growing "todo" list.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft