Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sergi Arbona 11 posts 52 karma points
    Jul 01, 2014 @ 15:59
    Sergi Arbona

Tree hides automatically when clicking any node

I am having a problem with Umbraco 7.1.1.

I have some umbraco users with different profiles and permissions. Some of these users have their "start node in content" in one node at third level in the tree, some other users have  their "start node in content" in the root node.

When the users have their start node in the root node they are able to navigate the tree and click in many nodes while the tree remains opened.

When the users have their start node in a deeper node, any click in a node will automatically close all the tree.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing someting wrong?

Thank you.

• Josh Olson 79 posts 207 karma points
    Sep 08, 2014 @ 13:54
    Josh Olson

I am fighting the same battle right now (just updated to 7.1.6, but I have been having the problem for a while now) and I am really hoping that someone has a suggestion!

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Sep 08, 2014 @ 14:01
    Dan Lister

This is a long shot but are you resizing your browser before or after each of your tests? If your browser is set to less than 1100 pixels wide, the content tree will disappear after selecting a content node to edit. If greater than 1100 pixels, the content tree will stay.

I've tested a 7.1.6 build and gave myself the user setup as you mentioned and I do not see the tree disappearing.

Thanks, Dan.

Sep 08, 2014 @ 14:10
    Josh Olson

Thanks Dan, but I think this is a different issue. It is not that the tree is disappearing (collapsing into the left side of the screen), it is that whenever a user account clicks on a node, the page refreshes and the content tree has been completely collapsed so that only the top level nodes are showing. Pretty annoying as you have to go and click through the structure, expanding each node in the tree to get back to where you were, only to have the thing collapse back on you as soon as you select a node to view.

Just to be sure, I tested your theory using IE, Chrome, and FF, all updated to latest versions, full screen on a monitor running at 1920x1080 and it had no effect. If I shrink the browser window down to under 1100px, it of course hides the tree panel, as is expected.

Like Sergi said, it only happens when the user 'Start Node in Content' is set anywhere below the site root.

• Sergi Arbona 11 posts 52 karma points
    Sep 08, 2014 @ 14:35
    Sergi Arbona

Thanks Dan, but as Josh said, the problem is not related with resolutiĆ³n or changing the size of the browser.

Searching in the umbraco bug tracking web I found an already issue reported with this problem:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4870

Two months ago I added an additional comment and vote for it but the bug is already unassigned.

Josh, maybe it would be a good idea that you vote for it too.

Thank you both for helping. 

Sep 08, 2014 @ 14:54
    Josh Olson

Sergi, thanks for pointing me to the issue on the bug tracker U4-4870. I have added my comments and upvoted the issue. I also found a similar (identical?) issue on the tracker U4-5011 that is marked as fixed in 7.1.5, but it is still occurring, at least for me. Hopefully Shannon (or someone else) will be able to throw some advice our way.

Cheers!

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Sep 08, 2014 @ 18:16
    Steve Morgan

I *think* I'm seeing this in my custom tree section on upgrading to 7.1.6 when it worked fine in 7.1.4 - the whole tree disappears. When I get the project out of the door I'm going to take a better look at it. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft