Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eran 28 posts 78 karma points
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 21:40
    Eran

Can't log in to admin section

I have a problem, trying to login to admin section with no luck(absolutely sure that the details are correct)

I looked into lot of solutions from here:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset?p=0

and also others, but no luck.

the first thing that I did was: open ms sql -> open 'umbracoUser' table -> check the login name..

and changed the hashed password to something that work on other project, no luck.

then I thought that maybe somthing is miising\wrong about this record of the user

so i copied the line record from other project table(that is working)

tried to login with the new user and password, again no luck.

then I thought I should give it a try and opened 'web.config' and looked for the 'Hashed' phrase and changed the 2 hits to 'clear' then in 'umbracoUser'  table changes the hashed password to text one.

again, with no luck..

what else can I do?

I realy dont want to start the project from scratch

*** I should state that the website is working fine, and that all happning at local host environment.

Jul 03, 2014 @ 21:57
    Eran

I opened 'ms sql profiler' to see the query:(maybe it will help)

SELECT *

FROM [umbracoUser]

LEFT JOIN [umbracoUser2app]

ON [umbracoUser].[id] = [umbracoUser2app].[user]

WHERE (upper([umbracoUser].[userLogin]) = 'ADMIN')

the results are:

0   False   True    1   -1  -1  admin   admin   Q2RWTGRA2eot7VaV6XVe1w==5fKg+QwV2wHsufMotV0SrhIwECJB9WKsiEyV88XbaDE=    [email protected]   NULL    en  False   0   content
    0   False   True    1   -1  -1  admin   admin   Q2RWTGRA2eot7VaV6XVe1w==5fKg+QwV2wHsufMotV0SrhIwECJB9WKsiEyV88XbaDE=    [email protected]   NULL    en  False   0   developer
    0   False   True    1   -1  -1  admin   admin   Q2RWTGRA2eot7VaV6XVe1w==5fKg+QwV2wHsufMotV0SrhIwECJB9WKsiEyV88XbaDE=    [email protected]   NULL    en  False   0   media
    0   False   True    1   -1  -1  admin   admin   Q2RWTGRA2eot7VaV6XVe1w==5fKg+QwV2wHsufMotV0SrhIwECJB9WKsiEyV88XbaDE=    [email protected]   NULL    en  False   0   member
    0   False   True    1   -1  -1  admin   admin   Q2RWTGRA2eot7VaV6XVe1w==5fKg+QwV2wHsufMotV0SrhIwECJB9WKsiEyV88XbaDE=    [email protected]   NULL    en  False   0   settings
    0   False   True    1   -1  -1  admin   admin   Q2RWTGRA2eot7VaV6XVe1w==5fKg+QwV2wHsufMotV0SrhIwECJB9WKsiEyV88XbaDE=    [email protected]   NULL    en  False   0   users 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 22:07
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eran

What version of Umbraco are you seeing this issue on?

/Jan

• Dan 1288 posts 3921 karma points c-trib
    Jul 03, 2014 @ 22:59
    Dan

Hi Eran,

You've probably tried this, but how about logging in using the email address as the username? In one of the recent updates (possibly v7 or 7.1) the default log-in changed to require email/password and it's caught a few people out.

Other than that I've seen issues in logging in to the back-office when also logged into the front-end site as a member - clearing cookies/cache solves this.

Hope you get it sorted, this sounds frustrating!

Jul 04, 2014 @ 03:20
    Eran

Jan-

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="6.2.1" />

I have another question regarding that, I started to use 'Umbraco' a week ago. and I have downloaded this version.

What are the differences between those? why version "6.2.1" still there?

enter image description here

Dan-

1. Tried the email as user name- didn't work(even though i am using version 6.XX).
    2. Cleared cookies/cache, front is not open- didn't work.

• Yes it is very frustrating- taking along time for something that suppose to be easy.

Any other ideas?

Jul 04, 2014 @ 03:41
    Eran

Tried another thing with no luck(again), I used 'Beyond Compare' to compare the web.config files.

Jul 04, 2014 @ 16:21
    Eran

Maybe it will be easy enough to backUp all content and changes made in the CMS and install a fresh install of 'Umbraco'? if so, please provide the way of doing it? (step by step guide will be much appreciate..)

• This is taken me long time already and I have to make some progress instead of dealing with admin login.
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 19:56
    Eran

It's look like i am talking to myself, but it's OK:)

I found some other thing now.. maybe it will help you to guide me to the answer.

I backed-up my project, and copy&paste some old backup that I had, the result was the same, I couldn't login to the admin section.

So, it is a data-base issue(I think), what can I do to solve it?

Jul 06, 2014 @ 11:49
    Eran

??

• Dan 1288 posts 3921 karma points c-trib
    Jul 06, 2014 @ 12:08
    Dan

Hi Eran,

Sorry to see you're still having issues, but I'm struggling for ideas, hence the quietness. I don't know of a good/simple way of getting your entire document type structure and content from an old environment to a new environment in one swoop, so porting that stuff over to a new installation is going to take a while (depending on the complexity of your site).

If I were you I'd set up a new installation and see if you can log-in to that. If you can, it rules out anything to do with hosting environment (permissions) and browser etc. Assuming you can log in to a fresh installation okay I'd compare the database records for the admin user with your problem site and make sure they're exactly the same, and also the web.config membership settings too. Since I don't think this is a bug and I feel it's specific to your installation, there must just be some kind of issue with the user data, having edited it directly through the database and set different password hashing etc.

I hope you manage to get it sorted.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 06, 2014 @ 12:33
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Eran,

You could try to do what Dan describe in his post, setup a new clean Umbraco installation, and see if you are able to login to that installation if so there could be something with the permissions on the on other installation. 

If you´re running your Umbraco installation on localhost, maybe you should take a look at this guide, how to set up Umbraco on localhost, then we are sure that you have the right permissons. If you´re using an SQL CE database, I don´t think you need to see the chapter about the SQL database configuration.

http://www.franklinogsimonsen.dk/media/856/install_umbraco_4_on_windows_vista.pdf

I know it´s says Umbraco 4 for windows vista, but the configuration, to get Umbraco running on local is the same, except if you´re running Umbraco 7 the you need to use .NET 4.5, but you can see the system requirements here for a specific version here: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/system-requirements.

It can be a problem with the file permissions, you can find documentation on permissions Umbraco needs on folders and files: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/permissions

Hope this helps, to get it solved,

/Dennis

• Gabriel Tudose 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 06, 2014 @ 13:12
    Gabriel Tudose

Hi,

Maybe your admin user has been locked down. It happens if password is mistyped couple of time in a time window period.

To check that you can verify the table umbracoUser. If the field userNoConsole is True then you must update to False and recycle app pool.

Hope this helps.

Jul 07, 2014 @ 02:35
    Eran

I 'mangaged' to get it sorted:) installed a fresh copy of Umbraco, entered the content for the site and backed it up ..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft