Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael 2 posts 52 karma points
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 18:12
    Michael

Hide menu items based on permission

Hi

I'm trying to create a simple menu which will only show items that a user has access to.

For example, we have a website with a home page (public) and then two private sections A and B.

When the user is not logged in, I want to show the link to "home" only. When the user is logged in and has permission to access "section A" the menu should display "Section A".

I've seen a post about the function "WhereHasAccess()" from Umbraco 5, but can't seem to find anything about 6 or 7.

At the moment all I have is:

var menuItems = homePage.Children;

I thought I could have something like this:

var menuItems = homePage.Children.WhereHasAccess();

or:

var menuItems = homePage.Children.Where(x => x.WhereHasAccess());

But neither option works at all.

Please can someone point me in the right direction?

The above two incorrect statements give the error:

Cannot use a lambda expression as an argument to a dynamically dispatched operation without first casting it to a delegate or expression tree type

• Michael 2 posts 52 karma points
    Jul 09, 2014 @ 12:58
    Michael

Just in case anyone else comes across this, I have managed to find the answer.

I was using item.HasAccess() and item.IsProtected() to try to determine whether a node is protected and, if so, whether the user has access permissions.

However, what I should have used is umbraco.library.HasAccess(item.id, item.path), where item is a valid node.

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future looking for how to do this.

• Ben Marte 13 posts 34 karma points
    Oct 01, 2014 @ 05:54
    Ben Marte

Could you post your whole code to see how you implemented his?

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft