Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Søren H. Pedersen 15 posts 65 karma points
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 10:21
    Søren H. Pedersen

Unable to login after session times out

Hello there

I've just begun learning to use Umbraco 7, but I am having a problem with it. I havn't published it yet or anything, just playing around with some testsites and such.

I run through the installation as normal and can right away, start working on the site. But if I do not work with the site for some time, the session times out and logs me out. Understandable for securities sake. But it wont allow me to log back in, telling me that the login failed for user *insert mail*. I havn't created any users. The only thing that mentions a login is at the start of the installation of the site, where the login is said to be the mail you enter along with a password.

But so fare, no matter how many times I've tried, it just wont allow me to get in again.

Kind Regards

Søren

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 10:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Søren and welcome to our :)

Just to be clear - When you try to login you're using the credentials (email and password) that you entered during the installation of Umbraco - That's used for creating an admin user, which you're logged in with once the installation finishes and takes you to the backoffice.

However the weird issue of not being let back is really bad...I'm not sure why it's happening but I've seen issues like this before. Is it version 7.1.4 you have installed currently?

Perhaps try and go to the web.config and change the "debug" from false to true. Just search for debug, it's the only attribute in there currently if I remember correctly - This should of course also work without using debug mode, but think it's one of those hard issue to solve since once you're able to login I'm not sure you'll see the issue again - Even when the debug is set to false (Should be false in a producation environment).

Hope this helps - Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Søren H. Pedersen 15 posts 65 karma points
    Jul 09, 2014 @ 10:11
    Søren H. Pedersen

Hello Jan and Thanks for the swift Response

After having this problem with 7 website attempts, the error was suddenly gone. I've now been working a day with no incidents. So I got up, and went on a raving rage through the appartment, ranting about how things get fixed when you ask for help when working with websites.. As per protocol..

So thanks for the help, but unfortunatly/fortunatly, it wasn't needed.

Kind Regards

Søren

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft