Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Jul 09, 2014 @ 11:08
    Graham Carr

Custom Member Picker

I know that the standard Umbraco 7 installation has a member picker however I need to create a custom version whereby only members of a certain member type are shown (e.g. Candidate).

Has anyone done this before and might be able to provide some pointers or does anyone have any additional pointers for the best way of doing this.

Additional useful links for creating custom Umbraco 7 property editors would also be helpful.

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2014 @ 11:23
    Hendy Racher

Hi Graham,

Most of the pickers in nuPickers can be configured to do this.

For example any of the Xml Pickers can be configured as per the following screen-shot to return a collection of Members where the MemberType is 'ExampleMemberType':

HTH,

Hendy

Jul 09, 2014 @ 11:40
    Hendy Racher

Here's another example, this time configuring the Lucene pickers to return members of  'ExampleMemberType':

Jul 09, 2014 @ 11:45
    Graham Carr

Thanks Hendy, a great contribution and package. Ican confirm both methods work perfectly. Is there any speed difference between using the Lucene based picker as opposed to the XMLPicker?

Jul 09, 2014 @ 11:49
    Hendy Racher

Hi Graham,

XPath isn't slow ! but I think I'd tend towards using the Lucene pickers, as the members xml is generated by first hitting the database.

Jul 11, 2014 @ 16:30
    Graham Carr

Hi Hendy,

I have another question about the NuPickers if possible? I am needing to render a dropdownlist based on the data that appears in a Lucene Dropdown Picker on the front-end of my site.

How do I go about doing this as retrieving the PreValues for the data type only display the configuration settings and not the data itself.

Jul 11, 2014 @ 16:44
    Hendy Racher

Hi Graham,

That's not currently a feature, but we can certainly add this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft