Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Jul 09, 2014 @ 11:11
    Graham Carr

Custom Member Section and Tree

A project I am currently working on has the requirement of being able to manage members of a certain type with custom functionality added. There are two different member types (Candidate and School) and I need two new member sections created each with a tree that will display only members of it's associated type, namely the School section would display a tree-view of School members only.

I am using Umbraco 7 and was wondering if anyone could provide some help into the best way of achieving this as I am quite new to the way in which the administration area of version 7 is built and works.

• PRK 47 posts 119 karma points
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 15:12
    PRK

Hi Graham,

I´m a little confused.

You have (for e.g. ) two USERs. One should have access in the Umbraco Backend to the MEMBER section (only Candidates - Member will shown).
    The other USER should have access in the Umbraco Backend to the MEMBER section (only School - Members will shown).

Is this correct?

Jul 17, 2014 @ 15:29
    Graham Carr

Hi,

What the issue is, is that with the current member tree it shows all members of all types within the A-Z tree structure. As the administrators of the new site will manage both schools and candidates they need a way of being able to view only members with a school type or only members with a candidate type. I do not want administrators to have two different logins to manage schools and candidates.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

• PRK 47 posts 119 karma points
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 16:21
    PRK

Okay, now its clear.

Robert Foster has some MemberListView Package for Umbraco 7. At the moment the package is not extented for filtering via Memmer Groups, Member Types ... but he will be working on it.

Jul 17, 2014 @ 17:05
    Graham Carr

Thanks, I have just posted in the forum group for the package asking Robert when he thinks he may have completed the filter by group/type functionality. Should do just what I need!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft