Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rubinho 30 posts 218 karma points
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 21:56
    Rubinho

Troubles with Multinode Treepicker

Hi,

I need a Contentpicker to select one item from a certain documenttype.
    Because i can't predefine the documenttype in a Content picker, i'm trying to use the Multinode Treepicker.

Using Umbraco 7.1.4 there are 2 major problems with it:

1. The Max number of Items is set to 1, but i still can select unlimited items
    2. When a documentType has his childs rendered as Listview, the childs are not visible to select.
    Are other people facing the same issues and do they have solutions?
    Can i use antoher data type to achieve the same?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 22:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rubinho,

1. I have tried to set a Max number of items to 1 and Minium items to -1, and then I only can select one item, but if I set to 3 for example, then I can select more than three items, but when the user try to save the page he or she will get an warning: You can only have 3 items selected, and therefor page can´t be save, before the user only have picked three items. So for me it works like it should
    2. Yes there is a issue with the Multinode Treepicker using the list view at the moment. You can wote for the issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4381

I can´t think of any alternative data type right now for picking one item of a predefine the documenttype  if you can´t get the .Multinode Treepicker working.

I am using the Umbraco 7.1.4 assemply: 1.0.5261.2812

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 23:18
    Hendy Racher

Hi,

I wonder if I can suggest an appropriate picker in nuPickers ?

The Lucene and Xml ones can easily be configured to use content items of a particular document-type, and besides the dropdown and radiobutton pickers, the typeahead and prefetch list pickers can also be configured to only allow one item to be selected (and all work with list view).

HTH,

Hendy

• Rubinho 30 posts 218 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 19:32
    Rubinho

Thanks Dennis and Hendy,

1. You're correct, this way i can only choose 1
    2. Have to wait some more time on a solution for this

Because of this, i tried Hendy's solution by using the nuPickers, and this works. I will continue using the nuPicker in this situation.
    The nuPicker seems as a good replacement for uComponents in V7.

Many thx,
    Rubinho 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft